To increase the visibility of your website in search engine results, the two main strategies you can consider are search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
And while the end goal of each is essentially the same, marketers often struggle to choose which strategy will work better for them, because both PPC and SEO have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages.
Why SEO Works
- SEO helps build credibility and authority
- In the long run, SEO increases brand awareness
- SEO helps bring in sustainable traffic
- 82% of marketers report that the effectiveness of SEO is on the rise
- It brings in over 25% of organic searches for a keyword
- It can bring in 15x as many clicks as those from PPC
Why PPC Works
- Brands can make $3 for every $1.60 spent on Google Ads
- PPC offers quick results
- PPC provides highly-targeted traffic. Through this, you can reach out to very specific consumer segments
- Can increase conversions by targeting commercial keywords in buyer-oriented campaigns
- With PPC, it easy to scale up quickly. You can bid higher to make your ads more prominent
So which is better? There’s no definitive answer to this question, as both strategies can work effectively – if you know how they work. For the best results, it’s best to combine the two and adopt an integrated approach.