In the age of android phones and high-speed, fiberoptic internet, employees and employers are turning to the internet for the core of their job search and hiring.
According to the Pew Internet American Life Project report, 93 million Americans — 80% of internet users — have relied on the internet for information on health care-related topics. So, what does that signal to the health care industry?
Nowadays, health care providers, especially recruiters, look toward the World Wide Web for improvements to their businesses. Fortunately, the move to go online was more of a success than a failure. At Charlotte SEO, we’ve helped develop health care recruitment websites and worked on full digital marketing packages. We have also helped companies target candidates with job board integration and rank for terms like “nursing jobs.”
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the best solutions to various business marketing situations today. According to a 2006 Forrester study, about 93% of all online experience starts with the use of search engines. SEO itself focuses on the optimization of websites to rank well in the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
So, why would a company not consider investing in its online marketing strategy? Some may be reluctant to invest in SEO because of previous marketing disasters. Unlike most online marketing approaches, however, search engine optimization is cost-effective, provides long-term benefits and adapts to the marketing needs of the client.
For health care recruiters, we have found it can be a gamechanger. Based on our experience, here are 10 SEO tips for this industry.
1. Mobile-Friendly Website: Mobile optimization allows mobile phone users to access health care recruiter sites from their devices. The website must be mobile-responsive to provide the best experience for the visitors. For an online site to be mobile-friendly, the site structure, site design, image sizes, content and page speed need to be optimized appropriately to ensure mobile users stay on your page.
2. Local SEO For Hospitals: More often than not, local SEO helps businesses improve traffic to their websites. Health care recruiters will likely benefit from a local SEO campaign. This optimization includes working on local listings to inform applicants and employers in need of medical professionals and, when done well, it enhances the target market in your local area.
3. Research Trending And Hot Keywords: SEO is not a one-size-fits-all approach to your marketing problems. It’s important to adjust to your area and specialty and pay attention to what’s trending. To stay on top of relevant trending terms, you can reference Google Trends for the phrases that are hot right now.
4. Fresh And Informative Content: It is imperative for all websites to provide educational content. Unfortunately, a large number of online sites fail in this department. Websites must post new articles, videos and images for their visitors. A proper SEO strategy involves the regular distribution of content.
5. Build Traffic: Search engine optimization creates traffic to websites for leads and profit. For health care recruitment websites to generate traffic, you need to work on the right audience. There are many different ways to draw traffic. The strategy will vary from one client to the other, depending on the current situation of the website. Overall, organic traffic is key to every businesses’ online venture.
6. On-Page Optimization: On-page optimization refers to actions and measures taken within the website. The primary goal is to bolster the site’s search engine placement. On-page optimization includes page speed, image sizes, title tags and meta description. With the right SEO tactics here, health care recruitment agencies can improve their market reach.
7. The Use Of The Right Terminology: It is important to stick to the strategy of using the right terminology for the medical positions posted on the health care recruitment website. Smart SEO identifies the correct word or phrase used by job seekers and medical companies undergoing staffing process. While there’s no magic wand to help you come up with the exact terminology used in search engines, the use of the right phrase or word brings you closer to the most used terms.
8. The Proper Use Of Social Media: We all know the advantages and disadvantages of social media in marketing. With the right team, social media sites can improve any website’s situation. Social media platforms offer multiple opportunities for businesses to share engaging and relevant updates related to the medical field. A personal practice of mine is to include relevant keywords in the title of my posts on my social media accounts.
9. The Use of Appropriate Titles And Headers: Just like with any marketing strategy, optimization, when done properly, bears long-term results. It’s important to use proper grammar and punctuation when working with the titles and headers. And avoid the use of all capital letters in titles.
10. Connect With Other Health Care Providers And Recruiters: Lastly, building connections with other health care providers and recruiters in your area through SEO is a major plus for your recruitment business. One way to build local SEO value is to reach out to local businesses in your niche to try and provide value to them with a guest post. This creates relevance and trust in your local niche.
SEO for health care recruiters improves their market reach. Optimization is an asset not only in the medical field but to every business venture on the internet.